United States Globe

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Email from the MTC

HELLO!!!!!!

I MISS YOU SO MUCH! I know I've already written you and told you that a bunch of times, but it's the real deal. Noelle and Joe's emails made me tear up. They're just the cutest. So, I arrived here at the MTC, my host, Sister White took me to my residence hall and then my classroom. I live in my classroom more than my actual bedroom haha. I met the other Elders and Sisters in my district, we went to orientation and I said the closing prayer. And yes, Acacia, I do live in the nicer rooms. My host kept telling me how nice they were and I was like, "Perfect! Now I can tell Acacia." :) As many of you already know my companion for the first day, Sister Mayle, left the MTC on Wednesday night because her brother passed away. I could not keep my composure as well as she did. She is so strong. Now I'm in a trio with Sister Hoffman (from Kaysville) and Sister Tait (from Draper). They are really sweet. We went to this seminar thing on Thursday called People & Your Purpose. It was really good and uplifting. Opened my eyes to a lot of things. Sorry I'm being so vague about everything, I only have 8 minutes and 36 seconds left! Also on Thursday, I taught my first lesson without any preparation time. SCARY! At least it was only ten minutes long :) Friday we got two progressing investigators. They are just actors, but it definitely feels real. We've already taught them each three times. And we've taught the first lesson probably 6-9 times already. They really start you off fast, but it's good. Sunday was good! We watched Music & the Spoken Word, had Relief Society with Sister Clegg from the General Relief Society Presidency. Had a Sacrament Meeting and went on a walk to the temple and took TOO many pictures. I'm technologically impaired, so I'll get those pictures to you once I'm out in New Hampshire, so the next time I write it'll be the 24th. Also our layover in Detroit isn't long so I'll have to call you in SLC. It'll probably be between 6:00-7:00 a.m. so y'all BEST be awake. Tell Dallin if he's not awake I'm going to be VERY angry at him! Well the clock is ticking! I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOO MUCH! The gospel is so true!

Sister Brown

PS Also when I call it'll be Monday, the 17th. Thought that might be important. LOVEOSA!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well, sorry for the rough first day.

    ReplyDelete