United States Globe

Monday, October 7, 2013

October is HERE!

First off, General Conference?! It was the best! Dad, you'd be so proud, I took notes and didn't even fall asleep :) I paid attention a lot more than I usually do haha. We got to watch it at the church with the rest of our district. Of course I loved all of the talks about members and missionaries working together! It's such an exciting time to be a missionary. Aside from those, Elder Uchtdorf's and Elder Holland's really touched my heart. They have so much emotion and I love it. I can't wait to be able to study the talks more throughout the next six months.

On to other things, we were finally able to meet with Georgie and Artie this last week! They are doing pretty well although so many of their loved ones have died recently. Artie has told us that she wants to share the gospel with one of her friends, Sister Brown and I are very excited for her and her desire to share what she has learned. Anne Marie has been sick all week so we were not able to visit with her :( Along with Daisy as well. She came to church a couple weeks ago and said she hasn't been feeling well ever since. Sister Brown and I have tried going over to her house, but no one ever answers. We pray that we will be able to come in contact again with her soon! Interviews with President Stoker were on Thursday. He and his wife are so great. It was good to get to know them a little bit better. Sister Brown and I got a new investigator that has a farm! And we're totally helping her with her farm every Saturday now! I don't know why I have this weird obsession with farms now haha. They're just so cute and fun. She doesn't have any horses though.

Well, I think that's all for this week! Thank you all for the wonderful emails, I love them and you so much! I'm praying for each of you forever and always :) and I hope SC treats you well!!!

WITH ALL MY LOVE AND MORE,
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment