United States Globe

Monday, July 8, 2013

Holla from NH!

Hello everyone!!

I love you all! Thank you for all of the support and love and emails and letters :) THEY ROCK! We had our first baptism!! Just kidding, they were people that the Elders were teaching before we even got here, but we did go to their baptism. It was a dad and his nine-year-old daughter. It was VERY cool! A week ago on Sunday Sister Brown and I got to talk to the YW about missions and I loved that. YW's is where it's at! It was SO rainy this week. There was a lot of flooding in Lebanon, but that's a good 30 miles away from our apartment, so we're all good. It rains like it does in SC and I love it. All the memories of thunderstorms and the lights going out start rushing back :)

We went on exchanges this week and I ventured on over to Hanover area with Sister Morgan. She's GREAT. We went to Dartmouth and walked around there with some girls Sister Morgan and her companion are trying to teach. That was really cool. We also got to see AND HOLD one of the very first Book of Mormon's ever printed! That was awesome. On the 4th of July Sister Brown and I went to the ward party at Lake Sunapee. It was fun getting to know the members better and eating yummy food. Also there are hidden lakes everywhere here, and it ROCKS. They are so beautiful!

Saturday our zone got to officially meet President Stoker and his wife. They seem very nice and super excited about missionary work! We still don't have any investigators, but we are trying our hardest! We are really trying to activate the less-actives and that is going pretty well. We helped move in a new family from Arizona. They seem awesome.

Well family, I want you to know that I LOVE this gospel. I know that Heavenly Father knows us and loves us and wants us to be SO happy. Prayer is SUCH a real thing. I've never prayed so much in my whole life and never realized what a great thing it is. The Book of Mormon is literally the word of God. I've grown such a love for it as well over this last month.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Sister Brown

P.S. They call me Sister Brown-Horse. It's pretty funny haha. 


This is at Dartmouth College and it's one of the very first Book of Mormon's ever printed!!!






The Sisters in our district : ) They rock!





I saw a horse!!!!! His name is Levi : ) We're friends now




This is our apartment and what it 
looks like around it : )









1 comment:

  1. Very exciting about the Book of Mormon and the baptisms. Even if the dad and son weren't taught by the sisters it's amazing to see the change the restored gospel brings into lives.

    ReplyDelete